This is the place for photos and reflections of my visits to Latin America beginning in 2012. Previous blogs are linked on the main pages of my photo collections on flickr. HAPPY TRAILS!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

GOODBYE TO THE LANGUAGE GROUP

I awakened Saturday to a beautiful view of the lake (smokey San Pablo in the distance)
 and spotted Luis' dog on the neighboring roof, also enjoying the view.
 Stuart and I had our last breakfast with Maria and headed to the dock to meet up with the group.
 We packed into a lancha,
temporarily broke down in the middle of the lake,
and eventually made it to Panajachel - arguably the best place in Guatemala for buying souvenirs. A few folks headed to the Panajachel Reserve which normally would be my choice over shopping but attending to the shuttle details and final payment took longer than expected so I strolled up and down Santander and picked up a few gifts.




If you don't want to go out shopping, it comes to you - waiting for our shuttle bus we were sitting ducks.
 We packed into the shuttle van, luggage on top


 and stopped half way to Antigua at the Iximche Maya site.


 Proof I was there:



 After another hour in the van, we disembarked in Antigua at Casa Cristina.
Most of the group had flights home Sunday, though a few are sticking around Antigua. I hope my fellow travelers enjoyed our shared time as much as I did. They were an easy, fun, diverse group. Happy trails, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment