This is the place for photos and reflections of my visits to Latin America beginning in 2012. Previous blogs are linked on the main pages of my photo collections on flickr. HAPPY TRAILS!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

COFFEE COOPERATIVE

I've decided to make my posts more activity-driven instead of 1 per day, at least for now. I'll start with an opportunity we had on 2sday to visit a local organic coffee and honey cooperative. I enjoyed the walk out and back as well as the tour. Highlights were seeing their huge metal tanks of worms making compost of the coffee bean husks, learning about the sorting and roasting processes, and sampling the brew.

2nd to left is my house mate Jesse, helping with translations. Group friends Molly and Zechariah are to the right of our guide.
 Kim and Zechariah on the left.
Mynor was helpful enough to scoop up a big handful of worms so we could get a closer look.





On the walk back to town - I love avocados a bushel and a peck!



Kim and her casa. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment