This is the place for photos and reflections of my visits to Latin America beginning in 2012. Previous blogs are linked on the main pages of my photo collections on flickr. HAPPY TRAILS!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

HOMESTAY

Over the years I have stayed with 5 different host families in San Pedro and have loved them all. This trip will be my last in a host family here - our apartment will be finished before our next visit - and is my 2nd with the family of María and Manuel.

Here is the lane leading to the house; when I turn right past the corn patch...



the house comes into view. My room has a diamond window on each end.







Much of my entertainment as well as Spanish practice occurs during mealtimes. Pictured below are María and daughter Adamary with some of the other students living in the home; James, 2nd to right, is living with the family for 6 months.













Here are some of the views from the level of my room and the rooftop above. 



Note that the corn seen below is gone in the view with the neighbor's cat - the strangely dry weather over the last month has meant a sadly unproductive crop. The impact will be felt most strongly by the poorest families - more limited work and higher corn prices.







Super moon with lightning followed by 2 of the many gorgeous sunrise blessings.







You can find the complete photo sets for this trip HERE.
Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment